DNA Consultants’ Forensic DNA Tests Earn High Marks
DNA Consultants got one of the highest-scoring reviews from the new genomic sequencing company Nebula. In a lengthy write-up by independent reviewer Fiyin Ebemidayo, B.S., the company was rated an overall 4.7 out of 5 stars for its combination of forensics and history-based input.
“The company’s prices are competitive and their support staff is available to consult on a personal level,” said the reviewer. “Using alleles to make matches, customers receive in-depth reports on their connection to certain ethnicities but they do not receive ethnicity percentages or personal matches.”
Nebula Genomics began to gear up for business in 2018 to bring affordable whole genome sequencing to subscribers to its services. It is one of the twenty or so companies that commercialize the work of Harvard University professor and genomics pioneer Dr. George Church. Its offices are in San Francisco and Boston.
Fiyin Ebemidayo is a certified writer and freelancer, coach and instructor and he is a top-rated plus freelancer on Upwork. He has a Bachelor of Pharmacy from Obafemi Awolowo University and works in Nigeria.
In addition to comparing DNA Consultants with Nebula, there are reviews or mentions at Nebula of the following services, too:
- 23andMe (basic ancestry test)
- African Ancestry (African lineages)
- AncestryDNA (basic ancestry test)
- CRI Genetics (basic ancestry test)
- DNA Land (free DNA upload for trait and ancestry analysis)
- DNA Painter (first profile is free and subscriptions are available for others)
- Findmypast (genealogy for those with British and Irish ancestry)
- GedMatch Genesis (free DNA upload for genetic genealogy and paid advanced options)
- HomeDNA Ancestry (migration history based on gene pools)
- iGenea (percentages origins, relatives, ancient tribes, and famous people)
- Living DNA (UK based ancestry test)
- MyHeritage (ancestry test, additional subscriptions for access to genealogy tools)
- TheGenealogist (UK based genealogy service)
- WeGene (for Asian ancestry)
In sum, DNA Consultants was considered “the best DNA test for specific ethnicity.”